SOLVED Can't drag an open window sometimes on Windows 10

Reaction score
It's a minor annoyance but once every 5-10 tries the mouse will fail to grab a program or explorer window when it should be dragging it across the screen. I'm positive it's not an issue with my wired mouse because I never had problems before Windows 10. Just to make sure I used the mouse to drag files and folders around over 100 times with perfect accuracy, so it's definately something funky related to just the title bar of any program.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've experienced this a few times.
Unfortunately, on a lot of Windows 10 "Windows" the demarcation between the title bar and the area just beneath it, is unremarkable an indistinct. As a consequence sometimes I am not clicking and holding high enough on the Window to produce the desired results.

Reaction score
I've experienced this a few times.
Unfortunately, on a lot of Windows 10 "Windows" the demarcation between the title bar and the area just beneath it, is unremarkable an indistinct. As a consequence sometimes I am not clicking and holding high enough on the Window to produce the desired results.

Wow I feel like an idiot here, but that's definitely what's going on. I found out you can add a color to make it more obvious like in previous versions of Windows. Just change this setting to 'On' in personalization:
Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you were able to figure something out that would work for you.
Thanks for sharing that information and the follow-up post.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question