SOLVED Can't get into safemode mode

Reaction score
So my father in laws pc must have gotten a virus or something. When Windows starts up a bunch of windows open. They say "An app on your pc needs the following windows feature: .net framework 3.5(includes .net2.0 and 3.0)" then asks if I want ignore or download it. Which I do neither. Then a screen asking for permission from Microsoft Corporation to change files pops up. Shortly after that the system reboots. There is error that occurs when this happens which says "error occurred in your system we are collecting some data and with restart soon".

I have tried to get into safemode mode through holding the shift key and going through to the start menu. I have also tried going in through the system menu. I only have about 45 secs to 1 min till it restarts. Unfortunately there are files on the pc that I need to save before I can do a fresh install.
Any help is much appreciated.

The laptop is a Sony Vaio PCG-71C11L upgraded to Windows 10

Regedit32

Reaction score
45 seconds gives you time to type or copy & paste the following into a elevated command prompt window:
  • Right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • Click Yes when User Account Control prompt appears
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window now open, type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal

Press Enter key to execute

Restart computer to get to Safe mode

Once you are done getting the data you want in Safe mode, to reset the system to boot normally:

Right-click on Start > Select Command Prompt (Admin) > Click Yes to User Account Control prompt

Type or copy & paste the following into the Administrator: Command Prompt window:

Code:
    bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

Press Enter key to execute and restart computer

Alternatively, right-click on Start and select Run then in the Run dialog type msconfig and click OK

Now select Boot tab and check the Safe boot option then click Apply / OK and restart computer.

To reverse simply remove check next to Safe boot option.

Ask a Question