cant get past screen saver on boot

Reaction score
I get to the screen saver and the mouse and keyboard don't work so no way to get to enter pin screen this happened after multiple installs from win 7 ultimate (originally on my machine) to me purchasing pro version clean install. it works for between 5 and 10 boots then bang I am running a dell quad 4 2.7 MHz machine with 8 mb ram have loaded win 10 5 times and on different drives no difference just when I think problem is solved BANG it bites me in the butt again have a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard and did download the latest win 10 drivers..?????is my machine to fast and the screen saver screen is loading before the drivers?????? any help from some one will be appreciated and also how do I contact Microsoft support since I did pay for win 10 pro and no I don't want to talk with someone from india .. I worked for ibm support before retiring as lvl 3 and india is lvl1...no help''''need to talk to Microsoft advanced support .....tks for the help and all have a happy holidays..bill

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
is my machine to fast and the screen saver screen is loading before the drivers
:) Pretty sure the screen you're referring to is the lock screen, which normally you would dismiss with a tap on the spacebar of your keyboard or a click and upward gesture with your mouse or trackpad, except apparently neither of those work for you.
Have you tried using a wired keyboard and or mouse temporarily to get things moving forward. With all the updates happening recently you may just be a victim of circumstance and bad timing.

Ask a Question