Can't install ASUS AI suite !

Reaction score
I have win 10 on a old motherboard (ASUS P5Q SE PLUS) it works fine, but I can't seem to be able to run ASUS AI suite . Has any one had this problem or am I just out of luck because my MB is too old . I just need the 4way Optimization part of it, because I want to Overclock it and set my fans. I searched the forum and can't seem to find anything on it, that's why I'm posting.

THANKS

Reaction score
What's the error message you get. I'm getting "AI Suite does not support this model". Which is funny, because it's the disc that came with the motherboard. Same happens in compatibility mode. I never installed it, even on Windows 7, as I hate using software to overclock. You should do this in the bios. I'm not sure about your bios, but mine even has presets in it for overclocks.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response BigFeet
I was getting the same error message , then I tried downloading it from another site. From this site (i didn't save the address) I got it to load on my HHD and unzipped. A restart activation button appeared, I clicked it. I lost connection with Windows and my computer wouldn't reboot. I rebooted from another restore point and got in. I then deleted everything that said ASUS AI Suite. It's working fine now.

I've already overclocked my rig from the BIOS. I have a Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.00 GHz CPU OC to 3.82 GHz . I couldn't get 4.00 GHz, I used OCCT and 4.00 went unstable. The hottest core goes to 60c at 100% . I have the CPU voltage at 1.2815 , So I'm OK there. I was just curious what 4 Way Optimization would do.

I have the original MB disk, but unfortunately it's in my storage locker. I think it has AI suite 1 on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't remember using it on Windows 7. My gut feeling is you'll get a higher overclock doing it the old fashioned way.

It also depends on whether you win the silicon lottery or not. I only get 200 mhz on my old Athlon II x4, when I've seen people get 800 mhz. On the other hand, I can get well over 1ghz on my fx6300, when others struggle to get 800mhz.

I'd say your OC is quite good on the core 2 quad. A lot of times temperature isn't the limiting factor to whether you can get a high, stable overclock. I can't get 4.7ghz out of my fx6300, even though my temps are still in the low 50s. It keeps shutting down a core running prime95, no matter how much voltage I throw at it.

Reaction score
Man: You have some old computers ! ! ! !
Yea I think I'll stay at 3.82GHz and not mess with it anymore.
That's what was happening to mine at 4.00GHz , kept shutting down a core, and I tried the voltage up to 1.45, I'll just be happy with what I got. Wish I could find that disk though. It's in a box that's in a box somewhere in the locker.

Thanks for communicating with me

Ask a Question