Can't open Windows Store, Calculator. Problems with activating buttons

Reaction score
I reinstalled Win 10 because of problems with MS Solitare Collection (just one wouldn't open). Tryied many solutions but after that I decided just to reinstall win 10. Now are two new problems: cant open calculator and windows store. Office programms works perfectly.
Second problem is with button which activating for few seconds (in website removed by Regedit32 (it's not an ad, just to know about what websites I'm talking).
In this site I need to press on button who activating after few seconds, also there is in other site bidding option, and this also doesn't work. I tryed on chrome and edge.
Also I have problem with recycle bin emptying. I just can't do it !
Please, what can you advice ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Laila,

Welcome to the forum.

It seems you have several issues going on here.

Let's see if we can sort one out at a time.

You mentioned you cannot empty your Recycle bin. Are you seeing an error that mentions the Recycle bin is corrupt?

If you are the simplest way to resolve this is to execute a command in an elevated command prompt.
  • Right-click on Start then left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • A UAC confirmation dialog will pop up. Click Yes
  • At the command prompt type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Press Enter key to execute command.

Now type exit then press Enter key to close the command window.

That should sort your Recycle bin issue for you.

If you can report back to let me know how you went there and whether this is now working for you, we can move on to one of the other issues you mentioned.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Laila,

You will notice that I have edited your initial thread post to remove the website you offered as an example of a page you visit you cannot click buttons on.

I've done this because the website in question is making false promises of getting wealthy by clicking links and trialing software — a common spamming tactic.

I'd strongly urge you to stay well away from such web sites as the only people who get rich from them are those who created the website. If you have ever downloaded and run any software from their site I'd recommend you do a thorough scan of your computer for Malware, Virus and Rootkits to ensure your system has no rogue applications silently running in the background consuming your bandwidth, or sending emails out to your email contacts encouraging them to join the site.

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Laila,

Regarding the Windows Store not opening.

Ocassionally the cache for Windows Store can get corrupted. Microsoft have supplied a built in tool in Windows 10 to help you clear the Windows Store cache which when run can allow the app to open normally.

It would be worth trying this first to see whether that resolves that particular issue.
  • Right-click on Start then left-click on Run
  • When the Run dialog opens type wsreset.exe then click OK
  • Close any open programs and shutdown your computer.
  • Restart the computer and log in to your User Account as you normally would.

Hopefully, your Windows Store app will now open for you. Report back on how you go.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Laila,

Regarding the Windows Store not opening.

Ocassionally the cache for Windows Store can get corrupted. Microsoft have supplied a built in tool in Windows 10 to help you clear the Windows Store cache which when run can allow the app to open normally.

It would be worth trying this first to see whether that resolves that particular issue.
  • Right-click on Start then left-click on Run
  • When the Run dialog opens type wsreset.exe then click OK
  • Close any open programs and shutdown your computer.
  • Restart the computer and log in to your User Account as you normally would.

Hopefully, your Windows Store app will now open for you. Report back on how you go.

Regards,

Regedit32

this one doesn't work :(

Ask a Question