Can't print from edge

Reaction score
When I try to print from Edge, I get a blank preview block, and the printer produces a blank page. Is there a reliable way to fix this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check Windows Updates and confirm that your installation is up to date. IF any updates are pending or reboots are pending please sort that out.
Check the Microsoft Store app for app updates and confirm that they are all updated as well.
If your computer is an OEM (like Dell or HP and probably a couple others) they usually have proprietary software to inspect and update core components as well as in some instances attached peripherals, see if using that software to inspect your computer provides any updates.

Is the proper printer and associated software / driver package installed and is it selected as the default printer and does it print from within other applications and or browser other than Edge?

Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts. All the possible issues you raise seem to have been addressed.

The installation is up to date, per Windows Update. I have used the lenovo app to keep everything else up to date. We just installed a new printer with its software, thinking that maybe the old printer (not supported for Windows 10) might be the issue. It is the default printer, and it prints from Chrome and other apps.

I am assuming that any updates for Edge come from Windows Update.

Reaction score
I have the same problem but the error comes up in the print box saying "We couldn't reach this printer. Make sure the printer is on and you are connected to the printer's network, or try a different printer." This happens with all printers in the box including the pdf and in mail, and the preview pane just keeps showing a 'looking' symbol. I have tried all kinds of system fixes, deleting the printer and then reinstalling. Nothing is working. I was able to print a few days ago but now nothing. HELP!!

Reaction score
I have the same problem as jcmax. I can print to my wireless HP printer from Office or Docs but not from Microsoft Edge on brand new laptop. I am able to print off the internet from my old laptop with Firefox. Maybe I should just install Firefox and dump Edge!

Reaction score
I have the same problem but the error comes up in the print box saying "We couldn't reach this printer. Make sure the printer is on and you are connected to the printer's network, or try a different printer." This happens with all printers in the box including the pdf and in mail, and the preview pane just keeps showing a 'looking' symbol. I have tried all kinds of system fixes, deleting the printer and then reinstalling. Nothing is working. I was able to print a few days ago but now nothing. HELP!!

I had the same issue using Microsoft Edge with Bing. From the settings menu instead of selecting print, I selected Open with Internet Explorer. Then I was able to print the internet page. It's a work around for me.

Reaction score
I cannot help much, but, how are you initiating the print command. I right click any page, and the print menu pops up.(See snip) No rob from there.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
I just tested Edge on a Notebook with Wireless connection to my Router which has 2 printers attached by Ethernet. I did not print but chose Print to PDF and it worked but really disappointing results, some images missing, print overruns, etc.

Ask a Question