Can't reach this page

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I can't get to any websites. I can get online but that is as for as I can go. It is very frustrating. I have to use my tablet to get to the web sites that I use regularly. HELP!

Reaction score
If you right click on your network icon and then click Network and Sharing centre do you see Access Internet ?

If yes, left click on Connections. You should see a dialog showing IPV4 connected and lower in the box some numbers moving showing rx and tx. If they are zero or not changing you have an adaptyer or even a cable problem. If you are using wifi have you turned off wireless? If so can you just plug in ethernet and try >

Click on Details and you should see another dialog that will show you sensible IP addresses and DNS servers. If it shows an IP address of 169....... you have not received an address.

Go to a command prompt and click type ipconfig /all You should see all the details of your connection.

In your browser. Click on bookmarks. Go to a bookmark of a site you usually go to and right click. then right click Properties.
Back in your command prompt type ping and the ip address of the site. If no reply then again a basic physical problem

Reaction score
If you right click on your network icon and then click Network and Sharing centre do you see Access Internet ?

If yes, left click on Connections. You should see a dialog showing IPV4 connected and lower in the box some numbers moving showing rx and tx. If they are zero or not changing you have an adaptyer or even a cable problem. If you are using wifi have you turned off wireless? If so can you just plug in ethernet and try >

Click on Details and you should see another dialog that will show you sensible IP addresses and DNS servers. If it shows an IP address of 169....... you have not received an address.

Go to a command prompt and click type ipconfig /all You should see all the details of your connection.

In your browser. Click on bookmarks. Go to a bookmark of a site you usually go to and right click. then right click Properties.
Back in your command prompt type ping and the ip address of the site. If no reply then again a basic physical problem
I have gone through all that you stated, the problem still exist. Thanks for the assistance. Hope there is another solution.

Reaction score
So your PC has a valid address, DNS, Gateway etc. and you can ping known websites . Right?

Try turning off Windows Firewall and see if that makes a difference. Also is your network 'private' or 'public' It should be private. IIRC that is way down in advanced sharing.

Reaction score
So your PC has a valid address, DNS, Gateway etc. and you can ping known websites . Right?

Try turning off Windows Firewall and see if that makes a difference. Also is your network 'private' or 'public' It should be private. IIRC that is way down in advanced sharing.
Good afternoon: I have turned Windows Firewall off several times, each time I go to a new screen the Firewall goes back to on. and my network is in private. It seems that my Firewall won't let anything through and is either set to on or stuck in the on position.

Ask a Question