SOLVED Can't Scan to Computer

Reaction score
When attempting to scan a document from my printer to my computer, my printer screen shows "No Computer Found".

How do I resolve this?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Sometimes this requires you to use a USB cable and not wireless. I just scan to a SSD card.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi skytab,

Welcome to the Forum.

First ensure you did a full install of the HP Printer software to your computer then:
  • When you open the HP Printer software on the computer, in the top tool bar click on Print, Scan & Fax
  • Next click on Manage Scan to Computer
  • Next check that this is Enabled

This HP Forum has pictures showing you the above steps and other comments to help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scann...s-how-to-enable-scan-to-computer/td-p/4592684

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
What happens if you go to your computer and use Windows Fax and Scan? Or HP's scan program.
Hi Tim,
Thank you for the suggestion.
I have been able to fax directly from the printer; scanning to the computer has been the problem.
However, I did start with your suggestion and eventually ended up installing HP Scan and Capture which enabled me to scan from my computer.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Sometimes this requires you to use a USB cable and not wireless. I just scan to a SSD card.
Hi Jake,
You are right. A few years ago I could not get this printer to be wireless and resorted to cabling it; however, in recently I reinstalled everything on the printer and wireless now works.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi skytab,

Welcome to the Forum.

First ensure you did a full install of the HP Printer software to your computer then:
  • When you open the HP Printer software on the computer, in the top tool bar click on Print, Scan & Fax
  • Next click on Manage Scan to Computer
  • Next check that this is Enabled

This HP Forum has pictures showing you the above steps and other comments to help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scann...s-how-to-enable-scan-to-computer/td-p/4592684

Regards,

Regedit32
Hi Regedit32,

Good news! I used the link you provided, read all 18 posts, and I can now scan to my computer. (I don't know why, with a full installation, that that isn't enabled by default.) Thank you!

Now I am working on scanning directly to email; however, I have not had any success thus far. Any suggestions or links?

Regards,

skytab

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
What email application or web mail are you using?

I know that two step authentication for email can create issues with scan to email, so that may be what your issue boils down to.

HP does have a forum on this topic too, with some links to articles pertaining to Email Servers but they appear to concentrate on Microsoft Exchange / Outlook. Still it may help lead you in the right direction all the same:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...8600-N911g-Scan-to-Email-Support/td-p/5399981

Glad you managed to get the original issue sorted.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
What email application or web mail are you using?

I know that two step authentication for email can create issues with scan to email, so that may be what your issue boils down to.

HP does have a forum on this topic too, with some links to articles pertaining to Email Servers but they appear to concentrate on Microsoft Exchange / Outlook. Still it may help lead you in the right direction all the same:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...8600-N911g-Scan-to-Email-Support/td-p/5399981

Glad you managed to get the original issue sorted.

Regards,

Regedit32

Hi Regedit32,

Thanks for the link that you sent and for responding so promptly.

Microsoft Outlook.

Since scanning to email is a different challenge (although related) I am going to create a new thread relating the specifics of this problem. I will probably title it "Scan to E-mail" as that is how it appears on my printer display.

Kind regards,

skytab

Ask a Question