SOLVED can't search or use tile functions in win 10

Reaction score
Downloaded win 10 and tile functions did seem to work initially. Cannot now access by clicking on start and edge only flashes for a msec and will not open. I did turn off smart screen filter (don't know how to turn back on as cannot find settings now) and did type in yahoo.com in address box in edge. Icons on taskbar did flash for a few seconds. Cannot use search the web and windows.

Reaction score
Will right click at Start button still works ?

If yes, please do the following........
Source
  1. Right click Start button
  2. Choose Command prompt (Admin)
  3. Key in Powershell in the black window and hit Enter.
  4. Paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  5. Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the few errors (in red color) that may pop up.
  6. When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working.

Reaction score
Hey dude (davidhk129) thanks a million: This worked. Microsoft store answers could not help.

Reaction score
Hi, I fixed this problem yesterday but it keeps coming back after each restart..I tried the fix again today but its not working.

Reaction score
Problem did not return for me. Except I ran new version of Eusing Registry Cleaner and then I could not access edge or store, but start did work, until I ran "fix" again?

Ask a Question