Cant send an attachment using right click/ send to....

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help me! I am sorry if this has been posted before, and sorry if my explaining doesn't use the right terminology....

Here goes: I use outlook my pc, and up to about a month ago (prior to a Microsoft update) I could right click on a picture or document on my laptop and 'send' using outlook (this didn't need to be open) - this seems to have stopped working, ok I can open up a blank email and attach the document but I prefer to have options!

This problem is annoying as I sometimes want to send pictures from a folder on my laptop.

Example of what happens:

I open up my pictures folder, right click on the picture and select 'send to', I then choose say 'mail recipient', I get a new box with 'attach files' (this allows me to select the size which is helpful as I don't want to send out them in large MB), I click attach, get a new box saying 'preparing to send' and nothing happens ie no email with the attachment - the only thing that happens is that I notice a blue asterisk on the outlook symbol on my tool bar and it has the message "Another programme is using outlook. To disconnect programme & exit outlook click outlook icon and then click exit now" - all that happens it that the blue asterisk disappears :(

Another example is when I want to 'save and send' a new document, I click on file, then save and send, then save as an attachment and I get an error box which states "word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Operation not supported"

Forgot to add, I don't use Apps or anything like that

I need a pretty idiot proof explanation how to rectify this please :)

Reaction score
I have the same issue - relates to Office 2010 on Windows10 platform PC .
I can only attach a document or excel file by opening Outlook email , then add file.
Cannot right click ad use "save and send" on document

Reaction score
When I use the same procedure as you have outlined, I do not get the "preparing to send". But My Outlook opens with the attachment in place, ready for an addressee.
Do you have any third party anti virus running?. It could be checking your mail for virus,before sending.
Have you made sure you have Outlook as your default program?
Last offer.
Open settings - Apps and settings.
Scroll down to your MS Office , click it and then "modify" Agree and allow the computer to proceed further.

Ask a Question