SOLVED CD/DVD tray does not work.

Reaction score
:( When I insert a disc , like right now I have a disc in, Canon Printer . Computer brings up nothing . Drawer stays shut . No recognising at all that it's in there.
I am running Windows 10 with the new update . Browser is Firefox . My computer is Lenovo , 5 yrs old . Used for household only. I have tried music disc , picture disc also ,nothing plays.
I don't know what else to tell you , if anything let me know. :cool:

Reaction score
Is the Lenovo a Desktop computer or a Notebook/Laptop? It is possible a tray will open and close but that only proves there is power to the drive. If File Explorer or other auto-play feature doesn't see it the problem could be between the motherboard through the data cable to the drive. One of the first things I do in diagnosing is to shut the computer down and either remove the power cable from the back of a Desktop or shut the Notebook down, pull the power cord out then remove the battery [if possible]. Wait several seconds, put everything back and try again. Physically removing the power 'normalizes' things, frequently helps. If it still doesn't work could be the drive itself has failed.

Reaction score
Is the Lenovo a Desktop computer or a Notebook/Laptop? It is possible a tray will open and close but that only proves there is power to the drive. If File Explorer or other auto-play feature doesn't see it the problem could be between the motherboard through the data cable to the drive. One of the first things I do in diagnosing is to shut the computer down and either remove the power cable from the back of a Desktop or shut the Notebook down, pull the power cord out then remove the battery [if possible]. Wait several seconds, put everything back and try again. Physically removing the power 'normalizes' things, frequently helps. If it still doesn't work could be the drive itself has failed.
Thanks for the reply and the advise , the pc is laptop and we will try your help .

Ask a Question