CD_DVDROM

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try this
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type or copy and paste this
Code:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
reboot your computer.
See if that helps.

Reaction score
Try this
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type or copy and paste this
Code:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
reboot your computer.
See if that helps.
Thanks I have tried that 4 times did not work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In that case I assume you've also looked for the old upper / lower filters fix as well, so.....
How about device manager, does it show the DVD drive? Does it indicate any problems with it? Have you at some point switch the Region settings to something other than default?
Can you tell us something about the system, manufacturer, mode name and number, the DVD specifically.
Perhaps someone with that specific computer and optical drive may have some suggestions.

Reaction score
New drives for desktops are available for under $20. Just a thought, or you could borrow one from another pc. I guess what I am suggesting is that the problem may be a compatibility issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In that case I assume you've also looked for the old upper / lower filters fix as well, so.....
How about device manager, does it show the DVD drive? Does it indicate any problems with it? Have you at some point switch the Region settings to something other than default?
Can you tell us something about the system, manufacturer, mode name and number, the DVD specifically.
Perhaps someone with that specific computer and optical drive may have some suggestions.
Device Manager only shows it in show hidden devices.i am using a Lenovo G575 Laptop

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
BIOS Shows Not Detected
That's mildly telling.
Since it is a laptop your options might be limited. They can be a bit of a pain to work on, even to repair / replace something like an optical drive. Although sometimes it can be quite easy.
Something you might consider....
Check and make sure that you have your drivers up to date, especially things like the BIOS, Chipset and Storage Controller drivers as these sub-systems support the various hardware devices and their physical interfaces.
Alternatively, there's always a external USB option. They're relatively inexpensive. I keep one in my laptop bag for those just in case situations.

Reaction score
That's mildly telling.
Since it is a laptop your options might be limited. They can be a bit of a pain to work on, even to repair / replace something like an optical drive. Although sometimes it can be quite easy.
Something you might consider....
Check and make sure that you have your drivers up to date, especially things like the BIOS, Chipset and Storage Controller drivers as these sub-systems support the various hardware devices and their physical interfaces.
Alternatively, there's always a external USB option. They're relatively inexpensive. I keep one in my laptop bag for those just in case situations.
Many THanks

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
The G570 requires only the removal of one screw to remove the optical drive (see Youtube video) but I am not sure if the G575 is the same but I would think that it was. It is $36 and free shipping here;

http://www.amazon.com/Internal-optical-Essential-Replace-Gt51n---lp338/dp/B0126NUG70/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450284338&sr=8-
2&keywords=G575+optical+drive

I think this one for $28 will work as well;

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-GT30N-DVD±RW-Notebook-Drive/dp/B004XNNYGC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=31xd9eNhSBL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1PWXPWAJH5SD02MY4JTG

Or this one for $30;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...G575_optical_drive-_-9SIA7BJ35V1325-_-Product

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a fix offered for Dell computers, which have similar architecture to Lenovos. It worked on my Dells. Make a backup of you registry before trying it. I can see it is a modification of the suggestion madeby Trouble.

Right click the Start icon and select the Command prompt (Admin) again.

Go to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi
Right-click atapi, point to New, then click Key.
Type Controller0, and then press Enter.
Right-click Controller0, point to New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value .
Type EnumDevice1, and then press Enter.
Right-click EnumDevice1, click Modify....
Type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor.