CFS 2 & Win 10

Reaction score
What is CFS 2?? Google only spits out Wire cutters for fiber optics under the term CFS 2...

I assume it is some sort of a game??

Reaction score
What is CFS 2?? Google only spits out Wire cutters for fiber optics under the term CFS 2...

I assume it is some sort of a game??
Grizzly; Yes, it is a Microsoft Game that I once could play with Win XP. But even though I can "install" it on my Win 10 64 bit OS, it will not run!

Reaction score
Have you tried it in compatibility mode yet??

BTW: is that a flight simulator??

never mind, I found it. Its the Combat flight simulator although I have never heard of it. I fly myself starting with ProPilot and ending up with MS XFS (but not under Windows 10, Win7 only). Still have TopGun and Falcon4

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've tried compatibility mode w/o success. For ALL versions of Windows listed in Compatibility mode. And , yes, it is a flight simulator program originally sold by Windows.

Reaction score
I'm not a CFS 2 player but I am a Flight Sim 2004 user. Microsoft put out an upgrade a while back that disabled the starting of FS9 (FS2004). I can't remember the KB number. But those that had the problem uninstalled that particular update and their games started right up again. The same might be true for CFS 2. I read about the problem on the Flightsim website. Try searching for an issue along those lines.

Ask a Question