SOLVED Changed Properties Info

Reaction score
I wanted to change the Title for a song file I had in a folder There are several other songs in this folder as well. So I right clicked on the song mp3 file and then "Properties" and then "Details". I then keyed in the name I wanted in the "Title". Well, it changed it alright, along with the other 20 that were in the folder to the same name! I saw a window box appear and a green "progress bar" which rapidly went to the end telling me it had changed ALL the file titles!! This should be a single file action... Right? Why in the world did it do all the other files as well? Could I have done anything to restrict it to just the one file?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. You have some work ahead of you if you don't have a recent backup of your mp3 files. I don't know what happened and I don't want to try and duplicate the procedure you used with my mp3 files. To change name/titles, I have always right clicked the file, select rename, and enter the new name/title. I've never had any problems.

Reaction score
OK I duplicated the procedure you used by creating a redundant mp3 folder on my desktop.
I believe that somehow, all the files in the mp3 folder must have been highlighted, when you clicked on a song title to change the name, it also changed the remaining mp3 file names as they were highlighted.

Reaction score
That's Great! Unless you had a backup, you have quite a task at changing all the titles.

Ask a Question