Check box issue

Reaction score
Hello all!
Today I accidental clicked on the check boxes option. After I disabled it, the rectangle around the file still remains, even when the check boxes are disabled. Also after that some weird thick borders started to appear on the buttons. This issue isn't related to the Narrator however. Can you please help to get rid of it? I tried to fiddle around it in the safe mode, tried to re-install Windows (without removing the apps and settings), and nothing help. Would really appreciated your help. Everything can be seen in the attached files.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Untitled_1.png
    Untitled_1.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Untitled_2.png
    Untitled_2.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Untitled_3.png
    Untitled_3.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 133
Reaction score
You have your icons set to a larger resolution/size than the desktop can handle. Try reducing the icon size

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok, what GPU do you have and have you the latest drivers?. Have you made any changes to the system theme at all?. :)

Where exactly is this change you made to be found?. :)

Reaction score
I am sticking to it being a mismatch with your resolution and icon size. The squares are showing the size requested, with your resolution.
Right click the desktop and select Display Settings.
In "cale and layout" make sure you have the "recommended " setting _ Mine is 125%

Reaction score
Ok, what GPU do you have and have you the latest drivers?. Have you made any changes to the system theme at all?. :)

Where exactly is this change you made to be found?. :)

I have Geforcw GTX 1660Ti Mobile, the drivers are up to date, and the place where I made the changes is here (it is unchecked now though):

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
I am sticking to it being a mismatch with your resolution and icon size. The squares are showing the size requested, with your resolution.
Right click the desktop and select Display Settings.
In "cale and layout" make sure you have the "recommended " setting _ Mine is 125%

I already checked that. It is at 100% which is the recommended setting.

Reaction score
Sorry. I would have thought someone would have popped into this thread with a useful idea, but it looks like it is dead in the water.

Reaction score
I have Geforcw GTX 1660Ti Mobile
Do you have switchable graphics?, I assume you have a laptop and you can try switching off the Nvidia GPU in BIOS/UEFI and use the integrated GPU (I assume Intel). That might solve your problem?. :)

Reaction score
Do you have switchable graphics?, I assume you have a laptop and you can try switching off the Nvidia GPU in BIOS/UEFI and use the integrated GPU (I assume Intel). That might solve your problem?. :)
Yep, I have a laptop with switchable graphics. But when I switch off the Nvidia GPU, that will probably mean it won't be working anymore for example with games. Or I am wrong?

Reaction score
No you are right, I ask because you should just try and switch GPU's and see if it solves the problem!. :)

Ask a Question