Chicony USB 2.0 Camera Drivers

Reaction score
Installed win10 upgrade on my Toshiba Satellite L750 and now the built in camera is not working, it comes up in Device manager as "Other Devices" Chicony USB 2.0 Camera and say in properties that no driver is installed, I have been searching and cannot find a driver that works with Win 10, anybody have the same problem

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Glenn, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, it's going to take manufacturers a little while to catch up with what is a very new operating system. You may need to wait a little while to get driver support.

You could try searching for Windows 8 drivers on the Toshiba site and see if you can install them - there's a good chance that they'll work :).

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the same type of Toshiba and webcam :( But I used windows 7 before win10. Should I install the windows 8 or the windows 7 drivers to fix the cam problem?

Reaction score
Hi Ian, installed win 8 driver, shutdown laptop and now it is nolonger able to start, just get a few light flashes and no bootup

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Glenn,

That sounds problematic! Which light flashes (power, hdd, etc...?) and do you see anything at all on the screen after turning the laptop on? The drive install is very unlikely to prevent bootup I'd think, but if we can see where the boot process stumbles we can begin troubleshooting it.

Reaction score
Hi, the power light comes on and stays on, then the hdd light flashes once then a pause then does the same again after a few seconds and just repeats the same, the screen shows nothing just remains black.
Glenn

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, the power light comes on and stays on, then the hdd light flashes once then a pause then does the same again after a few seconds and just repeats the same, the screen shows nothing just remains black.
Glenn

That's not good. Nothing appears on the monitor at all? Are you able to get into the BIOS or boot from removable media (USB/DVD)?

Reaction score
Unable to get into bios, tried putting Win 7 install disc in optical drive, didnt pick it up, os there a usb boot app that I can download on another machine. Nothing appears on display. All I get on power up is the caps light etc flash once then the hdd light slowly flickers on and off.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the F2 or F12 key do anything when you're at this stage?

It looks like Toshiba have a recovery procedure which can be activated by holding down the 0 (zero) key, clicking the power button whist still keeping the 0 key held down for a few seconds.

Reaction score
Installed win10 upgrade on my Toshiba Satellite L750 and now the built in camera is not working, it comes up in Device manager as "Other Devices" Chicony USB 2.0 Camera and say in properties that no driver is installed, I have been searching and cannot find a driver that works with Win 10, anybody have the same problem
Same problem here. Spent several hours trying to fix but still not 'initialising'
This is a Toshiba L670. Interestingly, a plugged in USB 2 webcam also fails to work.
Both are 'recognised' by the hardware manager but both fail to work and are unable to update drivers.

I also found issues with AVG antivirus and not rebooting from sleep mode.

Have reverted to Win 7 for the time being and all seems well

Reaction score
I could not get my toshiba L750 to do anything, replaced the HDDwith a new unit and tried to reinstall win7, it would not even read the install disc etc, looks like a motherboard issue, I since have checked the toshiba compatibility list for win 10, it said my L750 was not compatible with win 10. So I have goven up and have purchased a new HP with win 10 already installed, works fine.

Reaction score
Same problem with my Toshiba L755-135 and also with Virtual WiFi minport adapter_2 and adapter_3

Reaction score

Here is solution

Camera not working after Windows 10 upgrade
[ Edited ]
Options

‎09-08-2015 10:26 AM - edited ‎09-08-2015 10:27 AM

I had the same problem, after long-long searching for solution, finaly I have done it!

1. download Chicony driver from toshiba site

2. install it and restart the computer

3. open Devices Manager

4. find the USB 2 Camera inside "Imaging Devices" or inside "Other devices"

5. right click on it

6. choose "Update driver Software"

7. choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

8. click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers..."

9. select Manufacturer "Chicony"

10. select the Model

11. Next next next and you have your camera back to work!

Good luck

Reaction score
Hi Kiran, well bless my cotton socks! It seems to have worked. So far so good. Thanks for that.

Ask a Question