Chinese fonts

Reaction score
All beautiful Chinese fonts used to work on windows 7 they are not working properly on windows 10 now. Please help

Reaction score
I have problem to install some of my Chinese fonts too. Initially I was able to install quite few of fonts. After reboot the system, only 4 fonts left. I then tried re-installing them. After playing back and forth with delete and install, now only one font is shown in the fonts panel. If I install a new one, the other one will be gone. Very strange! I wonder if anyone has this similar issue.

Reaction score
I resolved the issue by manually going to registry to rename the font registry. For some reason, any font I installed from this Chinese font package does not come up with proper name in the registry.

Reaction score
I resolved the issue by manually going to registry to rename the font registry. For some reason, any font I installed from this Chinese font package does not come up with proper name in the registry.

I also found following posting:

A font may seem to be installed correctly but does not appear in the Fonts folder because the Fonts key in the registry is missing or damaged.

Move the contents of the Fonts folder to an empty folder. By opening the Fonts folder, select all the fonts, copy them, and paste them to a new folder.

Open your registry and find the key below appropriate to your operating system. Highlight the key and press DELETE. Once the key has been deleted create a new key to replace it, by selecting Edit -> New -> Key and name the new key [Fonts].

Restart the computer, then re-install the fonts by opening the Control Panel, double-click on 'Fonts'. And from the File menu select 'Install New Fonts...' adding the fonts that were previously copied to the temporary directory.

Windows 95
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

Windows NT
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

Ask a Question