Chrome is #1!

Reaction score
The numbers are in for April 2016, and YES, Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser!

Chrome has 41.66% to Explorer’s 41.35%.

At 9.76%, Firefox is #3.

Safari passed Edge and now holds 4.91%.

Opera, under new ownership, at 1.89%

I was surprised to see that Edge, which last month was the world’s fastest-growing browser, dropped below .5% and isn’t even listed. Another tracking site stated “Edge is used by less than 0.1% of all the websites whose traffic analysis tool we know.”

Reaction score
Now, the numbers make some sense! PC World reports that NetMarketShare includes Edge with Explorer.

In fairness, Microsoft itself is now deemphasizing Internet Explorer in favor of Edge, its new browser for Windows 10. But as ZDNet notes, NetMarketShare’s figures for Internet Explorer include usage for Edge, which by itself stands at 4.39 percent.

Still Safari passed Edge last month, putting Edge in #5.

Reaction score
Lol. Just as I started using the new Opera dev preview as my regular browser. When this thing gets out of beta, I may never go back. It's still a little buggy, but it's quick, and with a built in VPN, I'm already sold.

Reaction score
I use Chrome and Firefox. The last time I used Opera it took over ever file that was not associated with a program. I tried Vivaldi and it is a mess.

Reaction score
I use Chrome and Firefox. The last time I used Opera it took over ever file that was not associated with a program. I tried Vivaldi and it is a mess.
Chrome is still my default browser. I never had that issue with Opera before. That's very easily rectified anyways. It's a matter of preference. I love the idea of a built in VPN though. It'll be great when it's included in the final version.

Reaction score
Chrome is still my default browser. I never had that issue with Opera before. That's very easily rectified anyways. It's a matter of preference. I love the idea of a built in VPN though. It'll be great when it's included in the final version.
Well that was quite a long time ago, I may have been using Win 95 at the time.

Reaction score
Opera is my #1 browser also. I disliked it in the past but about 2 months ago I decided to try it again. Very fast and no problems at all that I have found. Was using Edge since last summer but the lack of extensions pushed me away.

Reaction score
upload_2016-5-8_0-9-12.png
;)

Reaction score
I switched from IE to Fire Fox when I installed Win 10. I'm currently happy with the switch.
Edge is comparable to driving a boring economy car, I may give Edge another try with the final release of Win 10 later this year.

Reaction score
The only reason IE is even in the list is because it comes bundled with Windows. Many non tech types use it out of pure ignorance of any other Browser. I am now using Cyberfox 64 Bit.

Ask a Question