Circle of dots on start up

Reaction score
I get a black screen with a never ending circle of dots on start up. I rebooted and pressed f12 to run a diagnostics check and everything is working. How do I get past the circle of dots to my login screen?

Reaction score
Are you using a USB mouse &/or keyboard especially Logitech as this brand is known to prevent windows from starting properly after an update, just removing the USB dongle will allow it to continue to boot - you may have to reboot the pc after removing the dongle before it continues to boot.

Reaction score
Are you using a USB mouse &/or keyboard especially Logitech as this brand is known to prevent windows from starting properly after an update, just removing the USB dongle will allow it to continue to boot - you may have to reboot the pc after removing the dongle before it continues to boot.

No I read this in other threads. I have no external peripherals plugged in. I do use a wireless mouse and keyborad that came with the Dell all in one system.

Reaction score
Sorry I referred to them as USB when it's actually wireless mice & keyboards which affect startup, as said mainly Logitech but other brands also do this.
Remove the wireless/USB dongle for the mouse/keyboard & allow it to continue to boot, if it doesn't turn off the pc & startup.

Ask a Question