Clean install Creation tool not opening

Reaction score
Have tried several downloads - I am trying to build a USB to reinstall Win10 32 bit using a machine that is more up todate (64 bit) The download goes OK but the program does not open even using admin run . Is here another way to get the required files on a USB?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It sounds like your are just downloading the ISO and then coping it to the USB and then trying to install the OS off the USB. If that is the case.....that will never work.

You have to make the USB drive bootable and to do that you need to use MS MCT or Rufus. Then in the process of creating the bootable drive you need to make sure whether the drive (USB) is set to MBR or GPT. YouTube is a great resource on "How To".

Reaction score
Sorry-- I never get MCT to open so I cannot "build" any files bootable or not Will go You tube to se what can help

Reaction score
Ben: tried this Does nothing on 1 machine and on another I get Message" failed to start bcause side by side configuration is incorrect"

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Ben: tried this Does nothing on 1 machine and on another I get Message" failed to start bcause side by side configuration is incorrect"
Do you know how to boot from a USB drive?

As I stated in post #2......you have to create a bootable USB. Once that is done, you have to boot from it. To do that, you have to restart the PC, go into BIOS, change the boot order to boot from USB first, then save/exit and the PC will restart.

The easier way if your PC is modern enough, restart PC and at POST beep, start tapping the F12 Key until screen flashes. The boot menu window will appear. Then choose boot media and in your case the USB drive. This process by passes going into the BIOS all together.

You just can insert the USB with the ISO on it into a slot and open it like you would a normal file. It doesn't work like that.

You could also "MOUNT' the drive by right clicking the file and select "mount" and then run the .exe to install the OS.

Ask a Question