Closing all tabs

Reaction score
Why does windows ask do I want to close all tabs at once every single time even though I've checked the box YES for months?

Reaction score
close tabs.JPG

Reaction score
MS Edge have had trouble with tabbed browsing.Check the box "Al ways close all tabs"and hit the button "Close All" restart your browser.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've done that exact thing for months now... ever since I bought my new laptop with Windows 10.

T_J

Reaction score
I have W10 Home, v1703, 2012 Dell Desktop. I checked my Dell this evening, opened couple tabs with Roku forum & W10 forum, clicked the corner X, got the box like above, checked the always close all tabs box; then clicked close all. I started EDGE again and opened same two tabs, clicked the corner X, and Edge was gone. Did a computer Restart; opened 3 tabs, Roku forum, W10 forum, bass boat central forum; clicked the corner X, and Edge was gone.

So it does work. I just upgraded to 1703 few days ago, and haven't had time to do anything special to my Dell.

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want all tabs to close, many a time the pop up message has saved me from closing tabs by mistake. If closing all tabs is what you want you can edit the registry at your own risk. Back-up the registry before making any changes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main\TabbedBrowsing. Right click on NTPFirtRun REG_DWORD and change the Hexadecimal value from 1 Close All Tabs ON, to 0 OFF click OK.

I'm not a fan of Edge, please let us know if this helps.

Reaction score
I have W10 Home, v1703, 2012 Dell Desktop. I checked my Dell this evening, opened couple tabs with Roku forum & W10 forum, clicked the corner X, got the box like above, checked the always close all tabs box; then clicked close all. I started EDGE again and opened same two tabs, clicked the corner X, and Edge was gone. Did a computer Restart; opened 3 tabs, Roku forum, W10 forum, bass boat central forum; clicked the corner X, and Edge was gone.

So it does work. I just upgraded to 1703 few days ago, and haven't had time to do anything special to my Dell.
Works for you but not me.....

Ask a Question