Communication Device is Acting as Default Device

Reaction score
I have a wireless Jabra Go headset that connects to PC through USB. I use Hangouts / Google voice as a soft phone. My issue started when I upgraded to Win10, from that point forward, my headset acts as if it is default device. I have selected the system speakers as the default and the headset as the communication device, but all audio still comes through the headset.

Can anyone offer advice?

Reaction score
I have no experience with Google voice, so the situation may be related to that.

Otherwise I have a Bluetooth headset which I currently have plugged in with the USB cable. You can see below the way it is shown. I have seen in an earlier install two versions of my headset. One was like a speaker playback and the other was a communications device. But right now you can see how it is being seen.

I might suggest you disable the headset in order to set the speakers as default. The system seems to be able to sense when communications activities are happening. Since I don't know what it really looks at to do that, maybe you would need to stop something which makes the headset usable as phone.

Headset.JPG

Ask a Question