SOLVED Compatibility Mode

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to windows 10, irrespective of what application I use, or even when I am on desktop and am dle, I keep on getting the following message: " The proram was started in ccompatibility mode. As this can lead to undesirable effects, you should diable the compatibility settings.
Do you want to run the application anyway?
Yes No"

I do no know what to do, or even how to determine what application it is referring to.

Invariably I click on yes. some later get the above stated message again on the screen. I click yes again.

so far I have not had any undesirable effect, but one never knows something bad may occur. How can I solve this problem

Rab

Reaction score
Hi roysharma, It could be that you are running your programs as an administrator. You could open another account and run it without administrators privileges and this should help. Or if it is a specific program - google for example - Right click on the programs shortcut or .exe file and click on properties. then Choose the Compatibility tab in the box that shows. Uncheck The box "run this program as an administrator " and click ok
If the box is "greyed out " with a tick in it click on the box below - show settings for all users- and do the above there. I hope this helps,all the best. Rab

Reaction score
I think you have "one click starter" installed??
This is sometimes part of AVG Antivirus or AVG Tune-Up,
I would suggest, for sters, your go to programs and features and, if there, uninstall it.

Reaction score
Hi davehc

Sure I had AVG tuneup utilities with "one click starter" I uninstalled the AVG tuneup utilities and the problem got solved.

Ask a Question