Computer Freezing.

Reaction score
I'm able to boot up my computer, all the way to the home screen. I have enough time to maybe open one application, before everything freezes, and all I can do is move my mouse, nothing can be clicked, I cant ctrl+alt+delete, literally nothing. After about 10 minutes the screen goes totally black. My battery is fried, as I'd left it charging for a few days at a time, a mistake on my part. However I'd rather not spend 100$ just to have someone just look at it.

I don't know the specs. It's a HP Windows 10 laptop.

Can anyone please help?

Regedit32

Reaction score
You can get your specs by pressing your Windows key + R key and typing msinfo32 then clicking OK

Sample image

Untitled.png

With laptops, the likely causes for a freeze are:
  • Overheating - check vents are clear of dust and not blocked
  • Ram - insufficient or faulty ram modules
  • Display drivers - possibly need updating

Having said that there are known issues with Windows 10 and some laptop models that can see instability issues such as freezing. Hence it would be helpful to know your precise model number.

Reaction score
Hi mking_0347,

have you tried removing the battery and running the laptop on normal power supply?. ;)

Bif

Reaction score
"I'm able to boot up my computer, all the way to the home screen. I have enough time to maybe open one application"

@Wolfie, I thought the same thing as you but it appears by the OP that external power is being used...or perhaps this all happened pre-battery frying.

Reaction score
Hi @Bif ,

I can only assume that if the battery is fried, that is what is causing his/her woes?. :confused:

Ask a Question