SOLVED Computer graphics and booting

S

Simon Cook

I have a custom computer with a Gigabyte Gv-R667D3-1GI which is a graphics card, but after transferring to a differentmonitor monitor with a different setup but with the same computer, and I moved the computer back to my original setup. The computer booted with lower graphics. I then changed the resolution to the max on the windows 10 settings, and I searched for a Windows 10 driver. I installed the windows 7 edition, and it was comptiable with max graphics until the computer flickered. It is also important to note that I got a used non-booting hard drive, but system reserved was on it (I accidently pressed next after reformating that non-booting hard drive). I then got a blinking screen, but task manager wasn't blinking. I went to safe mode, and I saw a ! Under my Asus monitor, so I uninstalled the software in device manager in safe mode. When I returned to normal mode, the screen flickered faster, and the only solution I found was to not use the graphics card. Sometimes the computer didn't let the computer to boot, so it gave me a black screen. The computer booted faster when the spare hard drive was not plugged in.

Do you have a solution to this using the graphics card?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Simon.

Sorry, but I found your post quite hard to understand. That graphics card should work on a Windows 10 system - I would remove any old graphics card drivers and install these ones for Windows 10: (32-bit | 64-bit).

You'll need to know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system to make sure you download the correct drivers. If you right click the Start Button, then click System, now look at System Type and see which version operating system is listed.

If you get problems before your PC boots in to Windows that is fixed by using another graphics card, then perhaps the graphics card is faulty.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
important to note that I got a used non-booting hard drive, but system reserved was on it (I accidently pressed next after reformating that non-booting hard drive).
I'm leaning towards a faulty drive or at the very least this HDD needs to be formatted.

The computer booted faster when the spare hard drive was not plugged in.
This again, points me into the direction of a faulty drive. Which may be the underlying issue for the GPU problem.

S

Simon Cook

Welcome to the forums Simon.

Sorry, but I found your post quite hard to understand. That graphics card should work on a Windows 10 system - I would remove any old graphics card drivers and install these ones for Windows 10: (32-bit | 64-bit).

You'll need to know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system to make sure you download the correct drivers. If you right click the Start Button, then click System, now look at System Type and see which version operating system is listed.

If you get problems before your PC boots in to Windows that is fixed by using another graphics card, then perhaps the graphics card is faulty.

I forgot if the on board graphics included my motherboard would cause issues with the graphics?

S

Simon Cook

I did it, so it works again after you uninstall it, reinstall it, and reboot. Thanks everyone.

Ask a Question