Computer is not responding

Reaction score
I have no idea if I'm in the right forum because I have no idea what is wrong.

No matter what job I try to perform, I'm working with huge delayed reaction and freezing.
Typing -- using right-click menu -- information boxes -- copy & paste -- anything I try to do or use.

But now this is what makes the whole situation totally weird. I was going to make a screen recording of what was going on, so I opened my FastStone Capture and hit the Record. When that program is open and on record, my computer functions react in a completely normal way. Right now I am typing and the letters are appearing as I type, just like they are supposed to. If I shut down FastStone Capture I will be dealing with a situation where I type quite a bit with nothing appearing, and then suddenly it will all appear.

I have scanned with EEK and with my normal Emsisoft, I have scanned with my paid version of Malwarebytes, and nothing is found.

I will end this the way I started it. I have no clue what is going on here and I would sure appreciate some help if someone has some ideas what has happened.

P.S. Also, there is a little green box that keeps popping up that says "Press Win + G to open game bar." I don't know if that means anything or not, but figured I might as well include it since it doesn't normally pop up unless I open a game.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK either, but there was a Cumulative Update today, so....
Maybe you're getting it, have gotten it and it has messed something up, or likely waiting for a reboot to align its' proverbial ducks in a proper row.
I'd manually check Windows Updates and reboot the system.

The Game Bar is sort of the native equivalent of a screen capture software and it may be conflicting with your FastStone Capture software or vice versa.

Reaction score
the latest update I have on my computer is 9-12. I was getting the game bar pop up before I even started FastStone Capture.

Reaction score
I Googled that Game Bar thing and followed instructions to shut it down, then rebooted. I think that must have been my problem because my computer is now back to functioning normally.

Reaction score
Thank you for this. I will definitely keep this in mind if it starts acting up again.

Ask a Question