Computer powers on during the night.

ady

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone had any probs with their PC coming on during the night? (W10) I get up in the am and it's running, when I turned it off the night before! I have resorted to switching it off at the back to prevent this from happening.
My friend said to see the scheduler which I had a look at to switch off any updates that was due to update during the early morning. Also had a look in my bios for wake on Lan, but could actually see where that setting was.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's more likely that your computer is not actually shutting down ( as in completely turning Off).
A computer that is turned off cannot respond to wake events. As it implies from its' name a "wake" event is directed at sleep states or possibly even hibernation or hybrid sleep.
Your best efforts would be directed at your advance power plan options settings, choose what the power buttons do (left column) and change plan settings, change advanced power settings and configuring everything there to support your desired behavior when you "Shutdown" your computer.

Ask a Question