SOLVED Computer shutting down...

Reaction score
After update yesterday my laptop wont start today...it just say Computer shutting down... When I started it

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you use the
Ctrl + Alt + Delete, keyboard combination to produce any other screen? I've heard of this happening a couple times in forum posts and sometimes that key combo works to break the stalemate
It sounds like your laptop is hung and is not actually shutting down completely.
How long has it been in this current state? Do you see any hard disk activity light (assuming that the laptop even has a HDD activity indicator)? Can you hear any disk activity or anything else that would suggest that something is still going on?

Reaction score
When I first started W10 would shut itself down ("need a restart" then showed a percent countdown) over and over and over and then would finally knock it off and I could use my computer. As soon as I'd sign in with password it would say it needed to shut down. That was in first week. Then it happened maybe once per logon for a day or two. Now it hasn't happened for about a month.

Remember from computer class that reboots work because of the housekeeping/verification routines the operating system does in the shut-down process, is it trying to reboot itself?

Ask a Question