Computing At 4K Resolutions

Reaction score
Windows 10 never looked better! Yesterday Fedex brought me a new EVGA GTX 980 video card and a little later the big brown truck came by with a new ASUS PB287Q 28" 4K monitor. Connected the monitor and video card with a Display Port 1.2 cable and I'm now looking at everything with a 3840 X 2160 resolution and a 60hz refresh rate. The difference between this setup and my previous 27" 1920 X 1080 is startling. Colors are brighter and more vibrant, text is sharp and clear and the overall view is so much improved at 4K. Initially everything is very small and hard to read but fiddling with settings will get things resized to a comfortable level. To say I'm enthused and impressed with my new purchase would almost be an understatement. 4K ROCKS !!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear.
That should give you one heck of a gaming platform.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if you are familiar with the Nvidia Control Panel but typically when I install a new driver for my GPU, I'll use it to adjust "Digital vibrance".
Display -> Adjust desktop color settings -> Apply the following enhancements:
I usually move the slider over to about 75%, it makes a considerable difference.
Of course with your hardware you may not need it.

Reaction score
Good to hear.
That should give you one heck of a gaming platform.

AC Rogue1.jpg

Reaction score
Not sure if you are familiar with the Nvidia Control Panel but typically when I install a new driver for my GPU, I'll use it to adjust "Digital vibrance".
Display -> Adjust desktop color settings -> Apply the following enhancements:
I usually move the slider over to about 75%, it makes a considerable difference.
Of course with your hardware you may not need it.

I don't see a vibrance option anywhere. The monitor itself has a pretty good array of options including some presets you can select such as "normal" "games" "movies" and a couple others. I'm pretty impressed with the whole setup.

Reaction score
Aha. It's there Trouble. I just hadn't spotted it and it does make a difference. I could see it changing my desktop picture when I moved the slider. Thanks for the tip.

Ask a Question