SOLVED Config File Popup

Reaction score
Config Snip.PNG

Does anyone know why this pops up during boot sequence? Or what to do about it? My searches always lead to the wonderful world of registry cleaners and other utopian my tool can fix anything for just $29.95.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No idea.
That's certainly not a very helpful error message.
I think I would start with the Startup tab in Task Manager and disable everything there and reboot and see if it went away.
IF so, then I would go back and start turning things back on (enable them) one or two at a time and rebooting to test the impact until I found the issue.

Reaction score
Taskbar Snip.PNG

Taskbar startup above. Don't know what those modules are but disabling didn't help. I did try a restore point to no avail. Speaking of restore points the last time I tried that the message was backup not available because my external USB drive wasn't connected.. Plugging it in resulted in a restore point not completed message. Question: if restore point can be created without external drive why would it be required to restore system?

Reaction score
Config file popup is gone. Had to go to safe mode to run SFC scan which found and repaired some file problems.

Ask a Question