SOLVED Constant Errors

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently purchased a dell inspirion 15 laptop in the past week, and I've been nothing but unhappy with it. I'm getting railed with blue screens. It started a day or two after I got it, it was kind of here and there, but obviously way more than a brand new lap should be. Although today it was almost routine; blue screening about eight times. I was actually helping DJ a wedding, luckily my partner stays heavily prepared so we didn't have much of an issue. The stopcodes I were able to catch said "DPC watchdogs violation (twice) kernel security check (twice) memory managent, and security check failure". I don't know an awful lot about computers but I'd like to take care of it myself before having to deal to another person physically if possible haha

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi dougd14,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your Dell laptop should be running far better than you are describing. I'd be seriously thinking about getting Dell to replace it, or at least fix it.

Having said that, if you are wanting to try yourself, then here is a couple of ideas that may improve things for you.

Note: Before trying these make sure these actions will not void any License agreements with Dell that allow you to return and have your computer repaired or replaced!

DPC Violations

These can be caused by a number of things, but often it boils down to having out of date drivers for your Graphics chipset. You could go to the Dell website, and check whether there are updated graphic drivers for your particular model, and install these if something is available.

Kernel Security Check Failures

This more often than not will be caused by either:
  • Unsigned drivers, or
  • The presence of older drivers for an older Operating System that you upgrade from to go to Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with a tool to identify these drivers for you. You can use the tool, then if any unsigned drivers are discovered, you can update those drivers from Dells website for your computer model, or from the Manufacturer website for the particular hardware needing a new signed driver.
  • In your Search/Cortana field type verifier
  • In the search results click on verifier Run command
  • When the User Account Control prompts you, click Yes
  • In the Driver Verifier Manager window that opens check the radio button next to Create standard settings then click Next
  • On the next screen, check the radio button next to Automatically select unsigned drivers then click Next
  • Some scans will now take place, and shortly you will either received confirmation that no unsigned drivers were found, or if any were found a dialog with a list of drivers that are unsigned. If such a list appears these drivers need updating.
  • On that second screen you can also check the radio button next to Automatically select drivers built for older versions of Windows then click Next
  • Again a short scan will take place. If any are discovered, you will be prompted to restart computer while Windows takes care of those for you.
  • When you are done updating drivers if necessary, or allowing Windows to manage older version drivers, then in your Search/Cortana field type command
  • In the search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • At the Administrator: Command Prompt type SFC /SCANNOW then press Enter key
A System File Check scan will now take place. It takes a few minutes so be patient.

When done note any issues it mentions, and close any open programs then restart computer.​

Report back on any success or failures. I'm sure others in the Forum will have ideas to help you once we get some more detailed information from you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I have three new Dell laptops of varying variety. My first one, in November, was Blue Screening because of the Product Registration utility. That stopped after the first few hours.

Another one was Blue Screening because of Netwtw04.sys which is a network driver. I updated the driver and the BSs stopped.

Right now, reading a Dump file from the newest build (15063) is problematic but you could zip and attach any mini-dump files you have... If you have not set your system up for small dump files, please do so by typing systempropertiesadvanced in a run box and using the settings button to set the system for a Small memory dump (256 KB). Also select whether you want an automatic restart or not. If the system does not automatically restart the BSOD message stays on the screen and may identify a problem at the end of the verbiage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
C
Hi dougd14,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your Dell laptop should be running far better than you are describing. I'd be seriously thinking about getting Dell to replace it, or at least fix it.

Having said that, if you are wanting to try yourself, then here is a couple of ideas that may improve things for you.

Note: Before trying these make sure these actions will not void any License agreements with Dell that allow you to return and have your computer repaired or replaced!

DPC Violations

These can be caused by a number of things, but often it boils down to having out of date drivers for your Graphics chipset. You could go to the Dell website, and check whether there are updated graphic drivers for your particular model, and install these if something is available.

Kernel Security Check Failures

This more often than not will be caused by either:
  • Unsigned drivers, or
  • The presence of older drivers for an older Operating System that you upgrade from to go to Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with a tool to identify these drivers for you. You can use the tool, then if any unsigned drivers are discovered, you can update those drivers from Dells website for your computer model, or from the Manufacturer website for the particular hardware needing a new signed driver.
  • In your Search/Cortana field type verifier
  • In the search results click on verifier Run command
  • In the Driver Verifier Manager window that opens check the radio button next to Create standard settings then click Next
  • On the next screen, check the radio button next to Automatically select unsigned drivers then click Next
  • Some scans will now take place, and shortly you will either received confirmation that no unsigned drivers were found, or if any were found a dialog with a list of drivers that are unsigned. If such a list appears these drivers need updating.
  • On that second screen you can also check the radio button next to Automatically select drivers built for older versions of Windows then click Next
  • Again a short scan will take place. If any are discovered, you will be prompted to restart computer while Windows takes care of those for you.
  • When you are done updating drivers if necessary, or allowing Windows to manage older version drivers, then in your Search/Cortana field type command
  • In the search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • At the Administrator: Command Prompt type SFC /SCANNOW then press Enter key
A System File Check scan will now take place. It takes a few minutes so be patient.

When done note any issues it mentions, and close any open programs then restart computer.​

Report back on any success or failures. I'm sure others in the Forum will have ideas to help you once we get some more detailed information from you.

Regards,

Regedit32
Thanks you for the speedy reply, Im sorry I've taken so long. I called Dell, and the guy remote operated and did pretty much what you said at the beginning of your message, and also tried some sort of update that was going to take a really long time, but I blue screened at 9%. He then said he couldnt do it again today so he'll call me tomorrow and try again. I just tried the drivers check and everything is good there. After trying the scan I was blue screened with stop code "memory management" at 64% of verification stage, it's like I don't have enough time to try to resolve the issue before it blue screens every time

Ask a Question