Constant popup to install Windows 10

Reaction score
In the company where I work the accountant PC (HP desktop of the cheap kind) is running Windows 8.1 and they did not want to upgrade to Windows 10. For a few weeks this message comes up (see picture) and I can't get rid of it. I got rid of the nag screen so far but this one is like a bad headache. Does anyone knows by chance which KB causes this??
This PC has never run on Windows 10....

20161101_174234.jpg

Reaction score
One of the recent updates was supposed to remove the free upgrade prompting. I don't know about Enterprise installs but have you installed all the available updates for 8.1?

Reaction score
Its not an Enterprise install, its a plain HOME version. Regarding the updates, I have to look. I have to get to the PC when the accountant is there cause I do not have access to it. We are only a small business with 4 people.
I let you know when I know more.

Reaction score
Better late than never. Turned out the PC has not been updated for a long time due to owner being afraid it will mess up the PC again. After updating all recent updates that message disappeared and yet the PC is still working, disorganized but working....

Ask a Question