SOLVED Continual loss of Home Network Connectivity - How to Re-Connect without a Re-boot?

Reaction score
I struggled for a week to get a Home Network set up. I got that resolved yesterday. Now here is the next challenge with this network.

Here is the setup that I have. I have a wireless network. I have two Toshiba laptops, one running Windows 7 and the other running Windows 10 and I have a printer.

I continually lose connection to the home network although I am still connected to the internet on both laptops. This happens about every 10 or 15 minutes. The only way I've found to re-establish the network connection is to reboot both of the laptops. This is really becoming a pain.

Here's a bit more about my connection situation. I live in a very rural area and only have one option for internet access. It is through the phone company and all they offer is one of those 3G data card things that looks like a little USB data stick. The signal at my house is terrible, in fact, there is only one corner of my house that has a signal and that is where I have my wireless router. It is two rooms away from my computers. But the distance doesn't seem to be a problem for internet connection. I complained to the phone company about the terrible signal and the woman there suggested that I use my Samsung phone as a router. I took the chip out of the data stick and put it in the phone. And it does work much better than the little Zoom router that I had been using. I do not know anything about the settings in the phone. The lady showed me which buttons to push on the phone to turn the phone on so it can find the signal.

I would prefer to know what I can do to keep it connected but if that fails, then I need to know how to re-connect to the network without rebooting either one or both of the laptops.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I never got any answers to this problem but over a period of about two weeks it seems to have solved itself. Don't you love problems that magically solve themselves? :) So I guess I'll mark this one solved.

Reaction score
I never got any answers to this problem but over a period of tas batam about two weeks it seems to have solved itself. Don't you love problems that magically solve themselves? :) So I guess I'll mark this one solved.

great to here your problem was solved....

Ask a Question