Control panel - loads of white space

Reaction score
What the hell is that all white space and why the Control Panel links are in this very small space? It is ridiculous.
Why the Control Panel aren´t occupying all the screen? Who's the retarded who designed this?
How can I change this aberration? I want the Control Panel in full screen.

Attachments

• images8577.jpg
    images8577.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 445
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried clicking the small option, top right, where it says "Category"
Select small or (for full screen) large.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried clicking the small option, top right, where it says "Category"
Select small or (for full screen) large.

Thank you.

Yes, I tried this, but is not the same, aren´t the same options links. Yes, big icons occupy full screen, but is not the same Windows window. LOL
I just want enlarge that specific window. (So, I want change that horrible space design)

Reaction score
Not sure what it is you are asking. But, have you tried simply clicking on and edge or corner, and, when you see the double arrow, dragging it to the size you need?

Reaction score
The Control Panel is a very old part of Windows. Dates back a good 15 years in not further AND it is being replaced bit by bit by the Settings panel. Why would MS bother to change it now?

Reaction score
Hi Tim.
It is possible he went straight to 10 from XP-. Xp Control Panel was a little more compact, but then - so different to compare!
Capture.PNG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like your annotations on the image to show the problem ;).

The control panel is being slowly phased out (although I admit to still using it over "settings" for some things). I just keep the Window reduced to a sensible size and make do.

@davehc's suggestion is the only one I can think of that would enable you to use it full screen and to make the most of the space:

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question