Copy and Paste issues

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having a few problems with copy and paste.

When I copy from one program to another the text keeps the original format.

Example excel 2007

e492be78c98ff3cb9c863f8901660f98.png

Now I wish to remove any formatting; so I paste it into notepad where it used to remove all formatting.

1f9a85ba849ad20f7a4f6704a3825b55.png

Formatting gone but there is added "" quote marks, also an added return at the end.

Easy enough to quickly fix, it's called the delete button; still a complete pain when you have a few 1000 of these to do (all different).

So I copy and paste this then into my adobe illustrator CS6, and I get this.

78894ea9daff12830d37431fa94a3db7.png

Oh look the formatting is back!!!

As an illustrator formatting is everything when you wish to present quality work at a reasonable speed. Now though this is getting very tedious.

Desperate for a fix for this as it is very annoying and time consuming.

Has anyone got an answer?

Respects

Mick V

Reaction score
Yepp. Notepad does not format, only wordwrap. everything you paste in notepad will loose the formatting.
Might want to use WORDPAD. This will keep the formatting...
You can find it in the start menu under Windows accessories (same place where notepad is)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Grizzly,

That was the intention of pasting it into notepad, so that all formatting is lost, as when you copy out of excel you tend to pickup the cell info and that is always a pain.

But the problem is that when I copy it out of notepad the formatting is still there for some reason.

:(

Reaction score
Gotcha..... I thought you did NOT wanted to get rid of the format. Well, my help ends here as I do not use Notepad and I do not know why it still keeps hidden marks for the formatting...

Ask a Question