Copy & Paste issue here

Reaction score
I have just tried to paste a fairly long post here but encountered a problem. Everything pasted was in reverse order, ie. the first line was last and so on. Formatting was removed, with one sentence / paragraph running into the next and no blank lines. Is there a special procedure for pasting here to avoid this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you supply the name of the source program that you were pasting the text from and the name of the browser you were using and if you were using a conventional computer or a mobile device.
I haven't seen nor experienced this particular problem. Perhaps Ian will have some idea as to what might have happened.

Regedit32

Reaction score
This has happened to me before.

You are using MS Edge, and probably copying and pasting from a text editor file, that was not saved as Rich Text Format (RTF).

If you use IE11, or Chrome browser instead you can copy & paste fine from any file format.

If you wish to use MS Edge, then before pasting into the forum click the icon at far right of toolbar that looks like a folder with wrench on it, then paste, then at bottom of the paste click the Use rich text editor.

If you are using Word or Wordpad, you could also save notes as a RTF file, then open the RTF file and copy & paste normally without needing to use the BB Code Editor icon.

This is a known issue and Ian, myself and others have used the Feedback tool in Windows 10 to ask Microsoft Developers to please restore RTE to the Edge Browser (RTE = Rich Text Editing).

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedi32 is spot on, it was Edge and WordPad. I did not pay any attention to what text format it had been saved in but most likely RTF. I am now going to try it in Chrome.

Ask a Question