Corel Draw x7

Reaction score
Sorry if there was already a thread regarding this but I couldn't find it.

I have a brand new Dell All-in-One Computer running Windows 10. I just bought Coreldraw X7. It installed without problem but it wont open. I keep getting " A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I tried the repair fix twice and uninstalled/reinstalled but it still wont work. Windows 10 is updated automatically and so are my antivirus and spybot.
Also, when I install, it doesnt give me a desk top icon.

I'm not very techie so I'm hoping there is a simple solution.....do I just need to download something?

Thanks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It seems like Corel has converted their software model to a subscription service.
According to what I can find your version of X7 may require at minimum Update 5 or possibly even Update 6 to work properly with Windows 10.
Depending on your status with respect to their current model you may be eligible to receive the update(s) for free
Update 6 Features
Free for Premium Members and Subscribers.
Available as a free 15-day trial to Standard Members.
Update 6 also includes features for Update 1 through 5.
SOURCE: http://www.coreldraw.com/us/product/graphic-design-software/?_ga=1.53324328.1000203834.1449775307
OR not..... In any event, it would seem like your best bet, might be to contact them and see what you can find out.
They have a community support forum where you might try asking a question with respect to your current version and Windows 10 or even how you might acquire the update you may need.
http://community.coreldraw.com/?header=1&_ga=1.120950280.1000203834.1449775307

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that pretty much exhausts my knowledge of the topic.
Perhaps someone here with more specific experience with the product might be able to help further, but.....
I would suggest contacting the Software Manufacturer directly if they have phone, email or realtime chat available or at a minimum their support community.
I've checked their knowledge base articles with respect to X7, Windows 10 and installation and found it sorely lacking of any worthwhile information.
If you find a solution, it would be much appreciated, if you would post back and let us know anything you find out.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, hopefully they'll be able to provide some assistance.
It may involve some elaborate uninstall and reinstall of the software, in which case you want to be sure, in advance to backup all your work product.
In any event, please let us know what you are able to find out regarding a potential solution.
Thanks
Randy

Ask a Question