Corrupt BIOS after C: drive error

Reaction score
After getting a C: drive error and being forced to do a restore point to get booted up, my BIOS seems to be corrupted in that it still thinks there is a bad drive. Disk check shows the drive to be OK and Windows 10 is booting up OK but my concern is if I reset the BIOS(or change out the battery), will I loose my digital license for Windows 10. Additionally, if I decide the mother board needs to be updated, does that disable my digital license?

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Welcome to forums optimxr

No, it shouldn't do that, its the same hardware, CMOS reset of no.

Reaction score
You could try setting your BIOS to factory default (F9 key maybe?), it won't change any hardware configuration (it shouldn't do) and as long as you haven't swapped any hardware components on your PC, you will still keep the digital licence!. :D

Reaction score
Thanks Data and Wolfie, I will try resetting the BIOS as a first step. I wish I could replace the MoBrd since it is coming up to 10 years B-Day, but then I am starting from scratch with Microsoft. I let you know what happens.

Reaction score
Thanks Data and Wolfie, I will try resetting the BIOS as a first step. I wish I could replace the MoBrd since it is coming up to 10 years B-Day, but then I am starting from scratch with Microsoft. I let you know what happens.
Hi optimxr,

have you scanned for any viruses?, if checkdisk didn't find anything to repair, it may be a false positive?. ;)

Ask a Question