SOLVED Cortana shmortana!

Bif

Reaction score
Well a very interesting/bizarre thing just took place post rebooting my laptop after updating the Anti-Beacon program...the search box now shows our darling Cortana and a small microphone and takes up more real estate than it did prior to the reboot.
I have all that has ANYTHING to do with Cortana turned off as well as being "fully protected" according to Anti-Beacon...now when I click on the search box the lovely Cortana circle pops up and asks me to configure the setting to allow this, like I said EVERYTHING related to it is already disabled, so why is this showing all of a sudden?..I've made no changes at all..rechecked all of my settings and they remain the same..as you can see from my task bar (up/down arrows) that something is afoot here.My searchbox prior to rebooting was minus the little mic and Cortana O...any ideas??
I'd ask Cortana but we're not speaking...

Capture.JPG
1.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If everything is off as you've indicated, why not.....
Right click the taskbar, go up to "Cortana" in the context menu and select hidden?

Bif

Reaction score
Update!
The oddities abound!..I just rebooted ( again ) just for the heck of it and all is back to the way it was.. absolutely no clue why, or what happened but I guess I should be thankful that it didn't go south!
@Trouble..is was already hidden which added to the mystery..
Thanks for the suggestion!:)

Reaction score
Sorry Biff I have it turned off here too. Cortana is worse than GPS Susan. Never use it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I think of the next OS Upgrade Cortana will be significantly more useful personally.

There is little point in worrying about the privacy issues given Windows 10 is now a Service in a cloud that effectively stores all our data anyway.

I intend to make use of the newer features they plan to introduce in Cortana when they are proven to be stable.

Ask a Question