Could not find this item. This is no longer located in computer. Verify the item location and try ag

Discussion in 'Software' started by dusabrive, Jul 26, 2016.

1. dusabrive

dusabrive

I'm having a problem manually backing up a folder that contains many smaller folders, files, documents, photos etc to an external hard drive. Things got convoluted and complicated when during the initial copying attempt, my computer accidently shut down. From that point on, the situation snowballed after I trashed the first copy folder attempt. Long story short, I've made numerous copies, attempted to drag them manually to the external hard drive (E), wasn't able to do it, renamed them and then dragged them back to the desktop and now I have a problem I can't sovle.

For the sake of simplicity, I have 2 folders named "BackUp files". One is on my C drive and the other is on my E drive (external hard drive). They're both the exact same size, and have the exact number of folders and files in them.

I'm attempting to copy the one on my desktop to the external hard drive as insurance because even though they both open, I don't know which one may be tainted. (I really don't want to lose this information.) For example, I can't drag the folder on my desktop to the E (external) drive because I get the following message: "COULD NOT FIND THIS ITEM. THIS IS NO LONGER LOCATED IN THE COMPUTER. VERIFY THE ITEM LOCATION AND TRY AGAIN.

How can I resolve this problem?

dusabrive, Jul 26, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. dusabrive

Neoklis

I just upgraded to Win10 today and got the exact same problem. I cannot copy files from my HDD to any of my external flash drives. I received the same messages as mentioned above. However I can copy files to an external HDD.

Neoklis, Jul 28, 2016
    1. Advertisements