SOLVED Could Not Reconnect All Network Drives (When Logging In)

Reaction score
Hello, thanks in advance for any help. I'm getting a "Could not reconnect to all network drives" notice each time I log in. ( Me loging in - not computer booting, not others logging into the same computer. ) It's a windows home network.

I find it very annoying that it doesn't give me any identification of what network "drive" it's trying to map, I don't know.

So, how can I figure out what the Windows 10 is trying to map and stop it?
Alternately - not as good, but if I could just get rid of the message that would be an improvement?

Additional Info:

After logging in everything seems normal. Network resources/network neighborhood (other computers, wifi printers, etc..) are available.

System Event file shows the following error with each login:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

So, I'd really like to know what it's trying to map and how to make it stop. Thank You!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically, you would find any mapped network drives if you open File Explorer.
You should then be able to right click the one with the red "X" over it and choose "Disconnect".

IF it continues to happen, then you have a batch file or a script running associated with your login / profile.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble. There was no "X"ed drive listed. I did resolve the problem with a restore point; although there was a lot more to it than that

Before posting this I had tried restore several times from the Control Panel/ Recovery window and it had failed each time. After this post, In further working this problem, I attempted a restore from the "Shift/Restart" menu - and to my surprise it succeeded and the problem was gone.

I believe (with little evidence, basically a hunch) that what happened was that I had loaded an Android Root program that "turned" my USB port + tablet into a "network drive"; when that project was over and I uninstalled the Root Porgram; some configuration/settings somewhere must have kept trying to find the android tablet each time I logged in.

Still irritating - there was clearly a well defined problem; every login gave me the same error message in the system log; but could never translate it into anything meaningful to me.

Anyway, at least the problem is gone!

Ask a Question