Create system restore point

Reaction score
After the recent (automatic) upgrade to windows 10 ( I have been running windows 10 for months), I can sign in to windows 10 but the desktop that appears with my sign in is something foreign and all my files, pictures and videos are NOT in any folders under Documents. So I thought I would go back to a restore point but am a bit afraid to since I cannot find a Restore file and I don't know how Microsoft and windows 10 works in this are or if my files are included in the automatic backup by the "system restore point" process. Then I thought I should, on my other windows 10 laptops, "create" a restore point from time to time as I feel is needed. Obviously, I'm looking for some guidance from you all.
Thanks,
Richie

Reaction score
You can access System Restore window via searching in Control Panel or just by right-clicking on Desktop computer icon and navigating to Properties where you will get option of system protection.

In the System Properties box, make sure you are in System Protection tab. In the System Protection tab click on Create button to create your own Restore Point for Windows 10.

Once you clicked on Create button, one small window will pop up, where you can give any name to restore point. After that, Click on Create button to start the restore point making process.

You can check the progress, it will take few minutes to create restore point.

After creating of restore point Windows will open one notification dialog that will be show “The restore point was created successfully.”

More may help you http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Reaction score
Do not forget to turn on System Protection first. Control Panel/Recovery, Click on Configure System Restore. Select Turn on System Protection. Choose the amount of space to allow and click OK. Then create the new restore point.

ffff.PNG

bbbb.PNG

kps

Reaction score
Do not forget to turn on System Protection first. Control Panel/Recovery, Click on Configure System Restore. Select Turn on System Protection. Choose the amount of space to allow and click OK. Then create the new restore point.

View attachment 2004

View attachment 2006

How can I determine how much space is required for system protection? I'm currently running Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks.

Ask a Question