Creating a registry patch for a deletion

Reaction score
I understand that by EXPORTING a key, one can create a registry patch containing the modification of THAT key, but how to create a patch for the DELETION of a key ?

Reaction score
It should work the same way. And it's not a "patch" but a backup and restore. Even the full Registry can be backed up and restored. If wanting to add new data or an edited key it would be a merge.

Reaction score
I suspect you did not really understand my problem. I do NOT want to restore, I want to do a deletion - one that I expect to have to do multiple times - on different PC's and after upgrades. So I'd like to see 'the code' of a model file that achieves a deletion.

Reaction score
I understand that by EXPORTING a key, one can create a registry patch containing the modification of THAT key, but how to create a patch for the DELETION of a key ?
Sorry, the scenario changed and I think for it to work for you will need someone to write a script.

Ask a Question