Creator- programs no longer run

Reaction score
I run WIN10 32 bit with July 2017 update. The reason I run 32 bit is that I want to run DOS and BASIC programs. I have a second printer, an Epson dot matrix with an installed parallel port. I installed the Creator update and some of the programs ceased to operate. I had difficulty accessing the internet. I could no longer use the dot matrix printer attached to the parallel card. I had problems running BASIC programs. I was not able to solve these problems after five hours of intensive work to I rolled my system back to pre-Creator. I wass gratified to see that all my programs started to work once again. Now Microsoft keeps nagging me to install Creator. What should I do?

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you update to Creator more than likely some drivers are updating also.

While you are back in an edition that works for you with your legacy hardware, make a note of the drivers they are using, and back them up.

Then when you update to Creator, go to Device Manager and roll back or reinstall legacy drivers for the affected hardware (e.g. your older printer; the parallel port etc)

In terms of older software used to access these hardware devices, re-install them and set to run in compatability mode to an earlier edition of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 or Windows 8.1).

If you really do not want to install Creator at all then Hide the update using Microsoft's wushowhide.diagcab

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz...t-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32. When I get around to re-installing Creator, I shall give your suggestions a go. Thanks once again.

Ask a Question