SOLVED creator update causing display problems

Reaction score
My monitor is set to 1920x1080 now. After the creator update, it goes to 1024x768 and the max shown is 1280x??. I have backed out the update 3 times now. Besides the change in resolution, after the update, there is a black border about an inch wide all around the screen. I think the update is shut off for now. Before I let it run again, I would like to be able to fix the display problem as soon as it happens. Has anyone seen something similar.

Reaction score
As for the black border, does the monitor have a Menu button on it? If so there should be some things you can change to fill the screen.

For the resolution there may be newer drivers on the video adapter or motherboard site to give more choices. Some folks have had to go to slightly older drivers that what Windows Update installs.

Reaction score
More problems today. Although the update didn't happen, I got a message that it was ready. Now my start button doesn't work. Search doesn't work either. This happened once before during this whole process. After several restarts, it started to work again. I have tried to restart a couple of times but that hasn't helped so far. This is starting to tick me off.

Reaction score
You need to reinstall your drivers for the graphics card/chip. That will solve the resolution problem. For some reason Windows 10 updates like to reek havok with drivers. The start button problem I am not sure about.

Reaction score
Just got done installing the old drivers and it looks like I'm back in business. It is the same driver that was there before but it got removed with the update.

Ask a Question