SOLVED Credential Manger Won't Pick Up The Login

Reaction score
Accidently clicked on "Don't save password for this website" and now Credential Manager won't save the logon for a particular website.

Is there any way to reverse this? In older versions of Windows you could just add a website and it's logon info but don't see this option in Win10.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi RosieRose,

Welcome to the Forum.

Try the following:
  • Press Windows key and S key to give focus to the Search box / Cortana
  • Type cred then select Manage Web Credentials
  • Now if a credential is present for the site in question, delete it, then try again using a normal browser session to see whether you can now login and save credentials.
  • If for some reason you cannot then repeat above steps but this time select Manage Windows Credentials
  • Next click Add a Windows credential then fill in the web address, username and password you want for that website and click OK

Report back on any success or failure with the above information.

If there is still no joy then we can explore completely resetting the Credentials, but the side affect of that is you'd need to re-save credentials previously saved that are still working as expected.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedit32,

Yes, that worked. Had no problem adding the logon for the website I needed. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. I have so many websites I logon to, if the Credential Manager didn't save the logon information for each one, I'd need to make a list the size of the telephone book!!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the update RosieRose.

Glad it worked out for you as it sounds like it would have been a horrible task to have to re-enter a telephone directory worth of login details.

Ask a Question