SOLVED Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up

Reaction score
Hi,

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from 8.1. After around a week of using Windows 10, each time I turned on my computer, I get a blue screen saying that the computer will restart. Like in the following picture.
critical_process_died_windows_8.png

Once it restarts, I can a log in and everything is fine. Except for one thing. When I open task manager, it says that my disk is filled at 100%, and the main program that is causing this is called "system".
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

I tried to increase the virtual memory, as seen in the next picture (I have 8GB of RAM by the way)
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

But that still does not seem to work. I downloaded seatools and it said that it is not a disk failure.

Is there a possible correlation between the Critical_Process_Died startup page and the 100% disk usage?

Reaction score
It's not saying your disk is filled. It's saying your disk activity is at 99.9%. The system process (which could be a lot of things) is constantly accessing your hard drive. It could be Windows Update, Defrag, or some other system process. I had a similar issue with Windows 8. I can't remember what it was, but after some time it went back to normal.

Reaction score
It's not saying your disk is filled. It's saying your disk activity is at 99.9%. The system process (which could be a lot of things) is constantly accessing your hard drive. It could be Windows Update, Defrag, or some other system process. I had a similar issue with Windows 8. I can't remember what it was, but after some time it went back to normal.

I just happened to take a screenshot when it was at 99%, usually it is at 100% usage. Sometimes it will fall to 99%, but it will go back to 100% for quite some time. But do you have any idea what to do about the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED thing?

Ask a Question