SOLVED Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986)

DGB

Reaction score
I have been trying to install the above update for several days now and get a series of excuses, including this - "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later." - Useless. If files are missing after many attempts, why should they appear later?
Why cannot Microsoft identify these files and allow download replacements? Why are they missing in the first place!?
Error code: (0x80073712) - The Microsoft fix is complex and does not work. (Only hope I did it OK)
I have had problems with this Known fault all 2016. - I manages to download manually in September Update - won't work this time though.
After downloading and waiting for install -terminates with Message "some files were not installed", and the text box says "KB3213986" !!**!!**!!.

Is this the best support Microsoft can offer?
Has anyone found a successful fix for this problem?

Rant over.
DGB

DGB

Reaction score
At least 13 failed installs and tonight I downloaded again from the MS Update catalog
And success:D

Ask a Question