Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB4015583)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This became available today and bumped my build number to .138

Capture.PNG

Relatively small
32 bit version = 51.8 megs
64 bit version = 114.4 megs

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Went ok. A little quicker than normal, I thought.
Yep..... pretty quick, but it was tiny compared to some earlier CUs that were nearly a gig and in some instances slightly over a gig.

I celebrated today (the official release date) by wiping my hard disk on my production machine and clean installing the Creators Update.
Even after a download today of the latest ISO I could find the install turned out to be a plain 15063.0
Promptly installed this and only this update bringing it up to 15063.138
Nice, fresh, new car smell.

Got my Office 365 (2016) re-installed and my four email accounts (3 POPs and an IMAP) configured within Office Outlook (which is the only part of this process that I always dread).
Now I'll add back the other software as needed
All good so far.

Reaction score
Trouble. Would you mind doing a check on your updates again.
A mystery. My wife has an identical OS. This morning she has just been updated, with 4015217 to build 1066.

Nothing there for me. I am wondering if it has to do with my installing the MSDN creator ISO.

Reaction score
II guess it must have misinterpreted something on her Laptop. Anyway, it seems to be all working

Reaction score
Dave same here this morning. Cumulative update 4015217 to build 1066. Seems to be some differences in the update versions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting.
So does it show
OR

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Trouble -- 14
So wouldn't that suggest that the device is not running the Creators Update yet (Redstone 2)?

I was going to check my wife's machine, but she's giving me "that look", so I'll postpone that for now.
I know that her machine isn't running the Creators Update, so I wanted to know if she was getting the one that you guys were talking about on her computer.

It's a staged roll-out, so maybe that update is to prep the machine for the big one.
That's what I was assuming when I got it on my phone. They haven't released it to mobile yet.

Reaction score
"That look" is also my problem. Fault finding over there can take a while!

Of course! That is the answer. I let my wife go through the regular channels - she hasn't received the update yet.

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Well I too apparently have been updated to the latest "mobile" build:confused:...so sayeth the Redmond crew of misfits, Still as smooth as a three dollar bottle of wine..
No hiccups as of yet and no smoke coming from the vents...all good.

Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes this is getting interesting and typically MS confusing as to why?
They have said that it will be a "staged roll-out".
IDK if that has a geography element build into it or not. I heard some mention of something about newer machines getting it first, not too sure what algorithm they use to determine "newer machines" but I'll bet they have one.
If you already have a Windows 10 PC and have automatic updates enabled, the update will be delivered to you when it’s ready.
Whatever that means.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ndows-10-creators-update/#HMxxJ1Wumbg7aHw7.97

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It will not surprise me if, months from now, we are still hearing about some who have not yet received the Creators Update, if they are relying on the Windows Update native process to acquire it.
I believe we had the same thing and maybe still some are having the same issue with the Anniversary Update.:(

Ask a Question