Cumulative Update KB3201845

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So much for Update Tuesday.
Just got this a few minutes ago, which bumped my build number.

Capture.PNG

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3201845

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK, but....
I think that as far as Windows 10 is concerned, normal patch Tuesday has fallen by the wayside and I don't know what their new parameters are for release these Cumulative Updates.
This update has been available for Insiders on the "Release Preview" ring for a couple weeks or so.

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed today. So far no problems, will poke around to see what changed.

Reaction score
It is supposed to be a fix for the network connectivity issue, mainly configuration problems.

Since I did not have any problems I suppose I should buckle up ...

Reaction score
It is supposed to be a fix for the network connectivity issue, mainly configuration problems.

Since I did not have any problems I suppose I should buckle up ...
Well it didn't work.
I still have to manually connect to my wireless adapter after every restart.
Not sure why i bother with these Cumulative Updates as they seem to fix nothing and in some cases the reverse happens.
As they say if it aint broke don't fix it so what are they trying to fix would be nice to know. :confused:

Reaction score
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845) failed to install
same as the previous 4 cumulative updates

Reaction score
It asked for a temporary shutdown first, which I think is supposed to happen. Then an error there was an 0x and then a ton of 0's followed by an x an a ton of 0's again, but the dialogue box didn't stay up long enough, because by the time I had grabbed a pen and paper it was gone. But it shutdown and when I loaded it up aga8in it installed the update. It was the error that has me worried. :(

Reaction score
Apparently there are no feature improvements with this update.
Here is a list of things i found it is to address.
upload_2016-12-10_11-28-39.png

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Installed and working ok on all the systems I help look after

Reaction score
When I was on 14393 I had zero issues with this update. Those that are maybe should do some TS on their machines.:)

Reaction score
has nothing to do with the machines. I just installed this update on my test system and can confirm that an internet connection is not available. This applies only to IPv4 connections, IPv6 is not affected. After entering a static IP and shutting down the PC, then starting up (not a restart, it needs to be shut down) my Internet connection is working again (with a static IP, therefore bypassing DHCP). MS definitely messed up with this update.

Reaction score
I wonder if some of the stuff in these updates is just to keep a common code base with the Insider builds as much as possible/practical. That OUGHT to be a good idea if it is done carefully.
That is no excuse for it failing.
But if that IS the case I would note that on a couple of the recent insider builds MS has warned that the build might fail if a non MS Antivirus is running.

Last edited:

Ask a Question